The Catholic Economy, Part 3: How to Handle Losing Your Job For Conscience Reasons
The Catholic CEO recently held a workshop for people who have lost their jobs, or may soon lose their jobs, for conscience reasons.
The workshop had 3 tracks.
1. Stay and Fight -The speaker was John Carpay, president and founder of the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- John gave practical steps people can take to fight for your conscience rights in the workplace.
- He also gave some hope to the participants through his wisdom and experience in these matters.
- Visit the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms website.
2. Find a New Job
- Speakers were Donna Crombie, coach, mentor, and career counsellor; and Michelle Dunne, Catholic strengths coach.
- Donna gave insight into how to tap into the hidden job market, where most of the jobs are available. She also gave tips on interviewing and resume building. -
- Get help from Donna
- Michelle helped people to transition into a new job by offering a way to help people know their strengths and weaknesses.
- Get help from Michelle
3. Start Your Own Business
- Speakers were Henry Kutarna, The Catholic CEO, and Joseph Mastrangelo, owner and roaster at Zelie Beans Coffee.
- Henry gave some practical steps to start your own business.
- Joseph shared his journey as a Catholic business owner who does not sell a Catholic product. He also shared how he lost his job amidst starting his coffee roasting business.
- Visit Zelie Beans Coffee
St. Joseph, pray for us!