Tests To Determine Quality
How do you guarantee “high quality” service or products?
Everybody claims they deliver high quality service. Everybody claims they build the
highest quality products.
Two good tests:
- Error rate.
- The main ways to test your error rates:
Develop a “product” standard and be able to measure it – whether on a fully
continuous basis or on a periodic audit or sampling basis. The idea is to
ensure the customer gets a product or service with no damage, no missing
parts, and no other problems. Error free. Every time.
- Develop a “process” standard. Run your internal processes according to well-
defined steps that you can measure. The idea is to keep your production
process consistent from the time the order comes to the moment the
customer receives the product. Error free. All the time.
- Measure, post and discuss these metrics regularly. Reward good results.
- Build the product or deliver the service using the least number of
minutes/hours over the shortest time period, within the best-cost
parameters, with the least shutdown or machine set-up time. Every time. All
- Measure, post, and discuss these metrics regularly. Reward good results.
Our great team assists clients daily with this and other leadership challenges. We help principled leaders excel!
Who is Henry Kutarna, The Catholic CEO?